labor costs...

Old 03-07-07, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
labor costs...

Could someone please give me an idea how much it would cost to have two small rooms (12x12) painted? Ceilings too. Primer first then two coats paint.

Thanks

Old 03-07-07, 09:45 PM
S
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not that I don't want to answer your Q, but...

Labor rates (the largest expense for this type of project) vary greatly from state to state, region to region, and even town to town

Then there's the project itself
Each one can have very different circumstance, time and effort to complete
There's no simple numbers per sq. ft. that work on all repaints
Condition and prep needed can impact highly

I'm not really trying to dodge the question, I just couldn't even tell you what I would charge to do it w/o seeing it, and if I gave you a ballpark, it could be waaaaaaaay off from what you'd actually pay in your area

The best way to get an idea of the going rate for your area is to get 3 estimates

Old 03-08-07, 06:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Likes on 631 Posts
Primer isn't usually needed on interior repaints so it may not be necessary. As slick said labor rates vary greatly - get 3 estimates.

Old 03-08-07, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smoker

Thanks....but I'm quite sure these rooms were filled with smoke for many,many years.! Wouldn't I need some kind of pre treatment?

Old 03-08-07, 01:54 PM
S
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That would be another reason it's hard to say how much it should be

Nic stains add to the price for sure, as that stuff bleeds through paint like you wouldn't believe

It needs a heavy duty cleaning, and then, depending on what's left, a major sealing coat or a minor sealing coat before any painting is done

It's not that the sealers are that much more expensive than primers, it's the labor involved is more than regular prep and prime

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: