Painting my apartment wall

Old 06-11-07, 03:25 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting my apartment wall

hello,

my walls are dirty and i need to paint over the scratches, but i don't want to paint the entire room.

i picked up a white primer but the shade is not the same white. is there some sort of standard white color that apartments use that im not aware of, or is the only way to really match the already existing white.

let me know,

thanks!

Old 06-11-07, 03:47 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
First, if feasable you need to clean the walls some - this includes rinsing off any cleaner residue.

Can you feel the scratches or are they just visible? If you can feel them they should be filled first with spackling or joint compound, sand when dry and prime.

Primer is not intended for a finish coat. It won't wear well and will get dirtier easier than finish paint! There are MANY different colors of white. Even 'pure white' will have a different shade/tint with different brands, even with different lines from the same paint manufacture.

Unless you know what brand/type/color of paint that was used you will need to repaint an entire wall. Even if you have the correct paint to touch up it may not touch up well depending on how long ago it was painted and the conditions the wall has been thru. Usually if the color is close painting one entire wall isn't noticable as being a slightly different color than the other three.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: