help with color?

Old 07-11-07, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help with color?

i want to repaint my room. i already have my comforter. i love it, and it's green, pink and white from tommy hilfiger, it has hawaiian-looking flowers on it. i want to repaint because when i was about seven i adored the color purple, so my walls are, of course, purple. about a year ago, i got new carpet that's dark grey, to match the purple, not anticipating a color change. so if i want the purple gone, what color should take it's place? i was thinking about a chocolate brown, but would that go with the carpet?

if you can help me, thank you.

***Moderator's note: Duplicate
created in Decorating and Design
has been deleted***

Last edited by DIYaddict; 07-11-07 at 11:24 AM. Reason: see note in post
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-07, 10:38 AM
Color is a funny thing

Color is a strange thing and what one person "sees" as grey or purple another person may "see" something different even though they may call it the same thing. It is one thing trying to give color advice to someone in person and something altogether impossible?? to offer without seeing the actual colors.

I would take in a sample of your comforter (matching pillowcase?), a sample of your carpet and any other things you want to incorporate to a reputable paint store (not a big box chain, home depot, etc). They usually employ interior designers or people that can offer great advice (I used to work for Benjamin Moore). If you cant take in a sample of the carpet, go to the store and rent/borrow a fan deck of color samples and find the closest one to your carpet and take that back with you for advice.

Good Luck.

J.

Old 07-11-07, 10:53 AM
Smile thank you

okay, ill try that. thank you so much.