crackle "glue"

Old 07-11-07, 12:04 PM
crackle "glue"

My recent crackle finish project did not turn out as I like. I am in the process of stripping the walls with paint stripper. (That is what Faux Effects recommended.) I had sealed them with BIN, base coated, sized with crackle size and topcoate with latex. The topcoat and in some areas both top and base coat are coming off nicely but there is some residual glue. I'd like to know #1 ) how to remove the glue (sizing) and then #2) do I need to reprime before I paint again. Your info has always been so much better, precise than the faux finishing school. THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-07, 10:00 AM
people don't usually strip walls. they cover up what's there. primer, joint compound, light sanding, more primer & paint is probably what you need to do. or you'll end up damaging your drywall.

Old 07-12-07, 12:32 PM
crackle glue

Well, iti s too late for your advice. The stripping has begun and most of the paint is off and a little of the BIN. I am just going to clean the walls and sand down imperfections and prime again where needed. I still don't know what to use to get off most of that hide glue. TSP?? Any help will be so greatly appreciated!