drywall paper coming off

Old 07-14-07, 05:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
drywall paper coming off

i'm removing wallpaper in my bathroom so i can paint it, but some of the drywall paper is coming off. do i need to replace the drywall or can i just patch it up?
Old 07-14-07, 07:02 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 385
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Find a local retailer that carries Gardz, by Zinsser. Their website will tell you who carries it.

Coat the messed-up drywall with Gardz (don't worry, it is supposed look like watered-down milk), skim-coat drywall compound on top to smooth it out, if necessary, lightly wet-sponge, prime, lightly sand, and you are good to go.

If you don't feel comfortable skimming, or aren't very good at it (I am not), find a local handyman who is good at drywall work.

Old 07-16-07, 10:23 AM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 4,320
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The Gardz will turn the soft fuzzy ripped drywall hard enough to repair using joint compound

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: