Comparison between C2 and Benjamin Moore

Old 07-30-07, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Comparison between C2 and Benjamin Moore

I am trying to find out where C2 is a good paint or not. Does it worth it price? What are the pros and cons. I heard many comments about Benjamin Moore paints but couldn't find much on C2.

Any comment is welcome.

Thxs,

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-07, 11:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
I've never heard of C2, is it a local brand?

B.Moore is a well established brand and their coatings are equall to or better than most of the competition. IMO you can't go wrong using BM's or SWP's top of the line paints.

Old 07-30-07, 07:24 PM
>> I've never heard of C2, is it a local brand?

>> B.Moore is a well established brand and their coatings are equall to or better than most of the competition. IMO you can't go wrong using BM's or SWP's top of the line paints.

I believe it is a canadian brand.

http://www.c2color.com/

Last edited by DIYer2006; 07-30-07 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Odd tag
Old 08-04-07, 08:49 PM
I thought C2 was a Ben Moore brand?
Lol
Well, my Ben Moore dealer sells it

So, C2...
I've had great joy and success with it, and I've had nightmares that almost didn't end with it
I'd try it again, but I can't give a whole hearted no holds barred up and down recommendation, no

Ben Moore's Regal line, however, I can heartily recommend

Sort of a side note, but please keep in mind when discussing Ben Moore that there is not one Ben Moore paint line
Ben Moore, like most of the rest of the national companies, has many different levels and lines, and makes some cheap stuff too
Just because it says Ben Moore on it somewhere, doesn't mean it's the Regal line (premium) from Ben Moore

Old 08-15-07, 08:10 PM
What kind of nightmare you had?

I thought C2 was a Ben Moore brand?
Lol
Well, my Ben Moore dealer sells it

So, C2...
I've had great joy and success with it, and I've had nightmares that almost didn't end with it
I'd try it again, but I can't give a whole hearted no holds barred up and down recommendation, no

Ben Moore's Regal line, however, I can heartily recommend

Sort of a side note, but please keep in mind when discussing Ben Moore that there is not one Ben Moore paint line
Ben Moore, like most of the rest of the national companies, has many different levels and lines, and makes some cheap stuff too
Just because it says Ben Moore on it somewhere, doesn't mean it's the Regal line (premium) from Ben Moore[/QUOTE]

Old 08-16-07, 05:08 AM
One job, the C2 on the trim went on like butter on a muffin
Smooth and fast as could be...wonderful stuff
Until I got to the window muntins (those # looking thingies)
It would not spread, it lifted right up
That...I wrote off as the muntins were never repainted, and still had oil paint on them which could happen (if they looked OK, maybe the last painter skipped them...but they were the same color....)
I wouldn't have though twice about it, but it happened on part (just part) of the door, which I had tested for oil/latex

On the same job, the wall paint went up great...ten minutes later I got pin bubbles...20 minutes later it was so bad as to be useless
I had to wait another day, sand, and re-paint
There are a few reasons I could get pinner bubbles like that, but with the succeeding coats I eliminated all of them (that I know of), and as the days wore on and the customers were coming back from vacation and I was loosing money for the extra days I was working I painted again and again

The last coat (number 6 I believe) went on the morning of the day they were to arrive, and there were still bubbles, but fortunately I had corralled them to behind the furniture

The customers were understanding, and noted they would not have seen them had I not pointed them out...but still...a nightmare and never solved as to why

I've had some other good luck with it, but not much
As you can understand, I haven't been chomping at the bit to suggest it to my customers
So I'd say I can't really tell if it was an isolated incident or not
I haven't used enough to tell