How to smooth paint ridges?

Old 11-18-07, 07:06 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face How to smooth paint ridges?

In my master bath, I initially used painters caulk in the corners and at the ceiling line to straighten up the crooked drywall seams. Then after latex painting I decided to remove the caulk - didn't look good. Of course some of the paint peeled. So I sanded the paint edges-trying to feather it out and repainted. (One seam I primed to try to get rid of the ridge.) None of these measures have helped. The edges or paint ridges still show. What do you suggest?? Need help quick - family coming for Thanksgiving. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-07, 02:15 AM
S
Use a 6" drywall knife to skim coat drywall joint compound over the ridge. Prime and paint this. Keep in mind that your paint patch will probably be visible, unless this is a flat white, but the texture should improve somewhat.

If the wall was rolled, you should consider using a "wiener" roller to feather in the repair. If you use a brush to fix up a rolled wall, it's going to be pretty obvious.

SirWired

Old 11-19-07, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 301 Votes on 267 Posts
Actually you can use a smaller knife than a 6" You just need to apply enough j/c to cover the affected areas, sand when dry, prime and paint.

Old 11-19-07, 05:10 PM
If time is a problem use Durabond 20 minute regular or easy sand if you want this done in one day. It is a bag that you add water. Sand down your corners first. then apply the first coat. You may need two.