Copper Paint

Old 03-07-08, 11:24 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Copper Paint

I have been searching for real Copper Paint for ages now without success, Can anyone direct me to a supplier on the web.
Thanks. Jim

Old 03-07-08, 03:06 PM
S
What do you mean by "Real Copper"? Do you mean, you want a paint with copper particles held in suspension as the primary pigment?

In any case, I Googled "Copper Paint", and the third link that came up had an answer: "The Andek Corp. has a product called RoofD-X liquid copper. It is a rubberized product you paint on. It will turn a verdi patina if left uncoated or will stay bright copper if a clearcoat is applied."

http://www.finishing.com/154/12.shtml

SirWired

Old 03-07-08, 04:24 PM
R
Copper Paint

Yes, It must be made with Copper. I am a beekeeper doing trials with copper and the efffect it has on the Varroa Mite, This year I want to paint the inside of a hive with copper and monitor the result.
I thank you for your intrest
Jim

Old 03-08-08, 08:14 AM
B
Why not just put in real copper strips or even just some copper nails? Copper nails are used to nail slate to roofs.

Old 03-08-08, 08:40 AM
R
Copper Paint

BOBf,
I have done that, I now want to do trials with copper paint.

Old 03-08-08, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Rook66

I think this is important work you are doing. Isn't this what is hitting our honeybee populations so hard?

I tried to find something we used to use on hi-power antenna connections , but it's been 20 yrs...sooo. It was a copper suspension that dried to a film if I remember correctly. Not exactly a paint, but might work. I'll keep looking.

Did find this tho, maybe you should contact the mfr? It says it gains the patina like copper if left uncoated, so I'm presuming it contains a good bit of copper.

http://d30026766.purehost.com/H%20ROOFDX%20COPPER.htm

Keep trying!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: