Painting kitchen - Porter paint ok?

Old 03-21-08, 08:26 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painting kitchen - Porter paint ok?

Getting ready to paint a kitchen with a semi-gloss good quality paint. Don't mind paying more for good paint but when in the middle of a project, prefer to be able to dash to a store very close to my neighborhood. Is Porter Paint good? Is it necessary to get their Hi-hide?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-08, 09:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi pja, and welcome to the DIY Forums!

I think every painter will tell you they have their favorite brand and every painter will have a brand they won't use.

Porter Paints have been around for a long time. I think the most important thing is to read the label and follow directions for when to apply, how long between coats, etc.

Old 03-21-08, 10:21 AM
S
Certainly Porter Paint is not bad paint. Just make sure you purchase paint at or near the top of their product line. If they have a special Kitchen/Bath paint, you may want to consider using that instead. (The most common benefit is additional mildew resistance.)

SirWired

Old 03-21-08, 04:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
I've only used a little Porter Paint but I've not had any complaints with application or coverage. As noted above, almost all paint manufactures have both good and not so good lines so buy as close to the top of the line that you can afford.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 03-21-08, 06:54 PM
How much abuse will the kitchen get. 5 children with two dogs kind of thing? Or just a few adults? Cooking every day with painted walls behind the stove? I do not believe Porter paint is in my area.

Old 03-23-08, 06:37 PM
S
Porter's just fine
The folks at the store will tell you exactly which one is best for your application