Choosing interior Paint Sherwin Williams or Pratt & Lambert?

Old 04-01-08, 08:47 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Choosing interior Paint Sherwin Williams or Pratt & Lambert?

Hi, I am new in this forum and wanted to see if anyone here have used SHW or P&L. I remodeling my house and it almost done and i will be painting. I have being torn between Sherwin Williams Superpaint & Pratt & Lambert Accolates. I think the prices are almost the same, but i want to compare the quality of each. And get some feedback for someone who was used these products.

I appreciated your feeback.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-08, 09:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 268 Votes on 237 Posts
I've used SWP's super paint and have been well satisfied with it. While I've used a little P&L in the past I've not used enough of it to give an informative opinion although what I have used seemed to be ok.

Old 04-01-08, 09:31 AM
I
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
I've used SWP's super paint and have been well satisfied with it. While I've used a little P&L in the past I've not used enough of it to give an informative opinion although what I have used seemed to be ok.
Hi, thanks for you answer. Do you know what is the difference in pricing between the too of them? I am comparing endure with the accolates.

thanks

Old 04-01-08, 12:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 268 Votes on 237 Posts
No, I'm retired and even before then, I only knew the contractor pricing at SWP. I don't think I've been in a P&L store in close to 20 yrs.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 04-01-08, 02:30 PM
D
Since SW owns P&L, many of the same products are found in both brands under different names. Assuming you stick with the better products, you're in good shape either way.

Old 04-01-08, 06:04 PM
S
Many Ace Hardware stores now carry P&L Accolade and it is available to them through Ace distribution centers.Try a local Ace dealer for info and product.

Old 04-01-08, 06:04 PM
I can give you a very accurate answer on this.

Yes SW paints has owned P & L for about 10 years now. But SW has not changed the formula on P & L paints. SW paints are IMHO "the professional coatings experts". P & L paints are in a different league. P & L paints have the cleanest base of paints of all the major brands. Many of the clean colors from P & L cannot be matched by SW or anyone else. Good match anyways. P & L have the brightest whites of all of them. You can argue P & L have the best looking colors. If wash ability and more ease of application is major....SW. If bright and clean colors are a major.....P & L.

As a contractor needing a good paint every day at the drop of a hat, SW is my cup of tea. If you want just killer colors that you are willing to order... and wait for..... or go on a road trip for P & L is worth it.

I have one customer you will not use anything else. After 7 years of painting for them outside and inside, I am sold on what they have over Ben Moore and SW paints.

Last edited by nagra4s; 04-01-08 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-01-08, 07:31 PM
S
You'll be happy with either