Kitchen and Semi-Gloss Paint

Old 05-23-08, 12:19 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen and Semi-Gloss Paint

Hi all -

We have a great room style floorplan, with kitchen that I will be painting this weekend. Because of the way the room is laid out, there is no clean way to paint the kitchen differently from the remainer - however I don't want to use the same finish as my walls will be flat.

Is there anything "wrong" with painting the backsplash in the kitchen with a semi-gloss and the rest with a flat in the same color?

Old 05-23-08, 12:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 681 Votes on 602 Posts
No, in fact that is the correct way to do it. I usually draw a straight line from the bottom of the top cabinet [on the end] and the corner of the countertop. I'll paint everything between the cabinets with the same color but in an enamel and the rest of the room with the flat latex.

Ideally, you would tile the backsplash but that is more $ and more work

Old 06-18-08, 03:25 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marksr View Post
No, in fact that is the correct way to do it. I usually draw a straight line from the bottom of the top cabinet [on the end] and the corner of the countertop. I'll paint everything between the cabinets with the same color but in an enamel and the rest of the room with the flat latex.

Ideally, you would tile the backsplash but that is more $ and more work
We did this, and it worked wonderfully. Coulnd't be more pleased. (and yes, we will eventually finish the backsplash in tile up to the bottom of the cabs, but for now there are 6x6 in a border that does the trick.)

Thank you for the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: