Painting the exterior foundation

Old 05-27-08, 08:11 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Painting the exterior foundation

Hi Everyone, I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. The workcrew just finished putting new siding on our house (last Friday). The siding is white, the trim work is burgundy (turned out very pretty). We were going to paint the foundation with the burgundy color. ( we have a high foundation of about 2 feet high ) We were told it was best not to paint the foundation burgundy because it would bring to much attention to that area, and also not to paint it white because then it would look like a house on a floating block, so now we are at a stand still We don't know what to do with the foundation. Would a gray color go good with the white siding and burgundy trim? Any suggestions on what would look good for the foundation would be so appreciated.
I don't see where I can put a picture on this site otherwise I would. Thank you very much

Old 05-27-08, 12:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 672 Votes on 595 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

You can post pics using a free site like www.photobucket.com

Picking colors is a highly personallized thing. I've painted foundations both light and dark colors although painting them the same color as the siding is probably the most common.

You aren't talking about a big paint job so if you don't like it, it's no biggie to change. You might get a quart of several different colors and paint a section and see how you like it.

Old 05-27-08, 07:05 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply. We bought our house 4 years ago. The couple that owned it before we bought it, had it probably for 40 some years. ( they passed away) The last time that it was up dated on the inside was back in the 70's. The whole inside was very dark with dark panelling, brown trim, drop ceiling, orangeish gold shag carpet. It took awhile to redo the inside. The outside was in dire need of a new paint job.
We decided to have new siding and all new gutters and down-spouts instead of the paint job. We just want the outside to look as nice as the inside does. Thank you again for your input, very much appreciated

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: