Exterior paint

Old 07-25-08, 10:43 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exterior paint

Well, I was all set to us the SW paints on the exterior of my house, then my cousin, who is a contractor, told me that he can get me a 40% discount at Kelly Moore. That's a big difference in money that I can't just pass up without some thought and research.

So, does anyone have any experience with the Kelly Moore brand of paints? I read that they have been in business since 1946, so they've been around a while, but everything I read about exterior paints quality is either SW ot BM.

Thanks...Randy

Old 07-26-08, 04:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 832 Upvotes on 729 Posts
I can't remember if I've ever used kelly moore - I think I have but don't really remember.

What kind of painting reputation does your cousin have? Can he tell you how their products have preformed for him? Would he be willing to give you references or show you houses that he's painted several years ago so you can see for yourself how their coatings have held up?

Most paint manufactures have both cheap and quality lines of paint [often many inbetween] so you would probably be ok using their top of the line paint.

Old 07-26-08, 10:17 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mark. I will ask these questions the next time I speak to my cousin. He is a good friend and I don't think he would steer me wrong, so I would have to say that the paint is a good quality. Is it as good as SW superpaint or duration? I don't know.

I was hoping for a paint contractor who has used both to respond and give a professional comparison of the two manufactures. I guess the Kelly Moore brand isn't as popular as the others. I'm not sure if it is nationwide. The company was founded right here in this area so maybe that would mean something as far as the paint being suitable for this environment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: