Ceiling paint

Old 11-04-08, 05:27 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling paint

I'm getting ready to paint the ceiling in a new room. I've always used SW and have been happy with it. I'm curious about the Ace and SW color changing paints...has anyone tried them? Or should I stick with SW Superpaint?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-08, 04:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 291 Votes on 259 Posts
If you have good results with the super paint - I'd stick with it. I've not used any of the color changing ceiling paints but their main purpose is to help those who have trouble correctly applying paint to a ceiling. Because of the color change, it is easier to see where you've been [or missed] while the paint is still wet.

Most ceiling paints have a flatter [sheen] finish than a typical flat wall latex. Personally, I've always gotten better results using a wall paint on the ceiling, but I do have yrs of experience and tend to apply a heavier coat of paint - some diyers tend to try and stretch the paint - the changing color ceiling paint is formulated to help them.

Old 11-05-08, 12:23 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've had perfectly good results with both Classic99 and ProMar 200 on my ceilings. (Extra White Flat. the '99 is available in a Ceiling White, but I haven't used it.)

Really, I think the quality of a ceiling coat is highly dependent on your technique, as opposed heavily dependent on the product, like a wall. I believe any paint that is not completely useless should be fine, even for a DIY.

Use good roller technique on your ceiling, and it should go just fine.

SirWired