Painting with emulsa bond.

Old 11-18-08, 01:34 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting with emulsa bond.

I've noticed when I go to clean my brushes and rollers that were used to paint with the additive emulsa bond added to the paint, the brushes, and or roller, feel sticky and the bristles of the brush tend to clump together, as if I didn't get it all out. I wash and rinse them extensively but the condition persists. However, it seems that if I ignore the condition, and use the brush again in regular paint, and then clean it again it's fine and back to normal.

What is it with this emulsa bond that does this? How do you guys (Pros) clean your brushes after using this stuff?

The label on the container just says to use soap and water, which is what I did...a couple times.

Old 11-18-08, 03:53 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 850 Upvotes on 746 Posts
I always wash what I can with water, then rinse with paint thinner and one more wash with water. They say a good detergent will do the same thing but I've always got paint thinner handy

Old 11-18-08, 01:33 PM
R
Yup, that did the trick.

Think I'll try and contact the manufacture and ask why they only recommend soap and water when it doesn't work.

Thanks a bunch, Mark.

Old 11-20-08, 04:56 PM
S
Originally Posted by rcash54
What is it with this emulsa bond that does this? How do you guys (Pros) clean your brushes after using this stuff?
Emulsa-Bond is a proprietary penetrating oil (probably Penetrol) in an emulsion so that it will mix with water (and latex paint). This is why thinner will clean out the brush (after a water clean up). Marksr's instruction is exactly how the pro's clean out their brush when using Emulsa-Bond.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: