painting a basement floor

Old 03-17-00, 11:09 AM
Visiting Guest
My basement floor is starting to show some ware and would like to repaint. Haven't the slightest idea what to do. Any ideas, anyone. I know that a flooring would be easier but I work with water in the basement so paint is more practical.

Old 03-17-00, 03:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kekko: Yes, just go to your home supply store and get some concrete paint, a big brush, and you are in business. As a rule, you have to repaint conctete every 3 to 4 years. Have fun.

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 03-17-00, 05:31 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kekko12:
My basement floor is starting to show some ware and would like to repaint. Haven't the slightest idea what to do. Any ideas, anyone. I know that a flooring would be easier but I work with water in the basement so paint is more practical.<HR>

You could do as Jack the Contractor said and paint every few years our depending on what's down there now you could strip it and use a two component water Based epoxy floor coating. They will last a lot longer then 3 to for years. Aquapon From Pittsburg is a good product. Poxifloor from North American Polymer Co. Is goo. Both on the internet.
Try http://www.ppg.com PPG own man trademarks like Pittsburg,Lucite,etc... They have a virtual store that helps you select a topic and product. I Like the industrial coatings which usually cant be found at regular home centers or hardware stores. Oh, don't use a brush. A roller on a handy broom stick or just buy a small screw on extension will save your back and time. Use the brush in the tight areas and along the baseboard. If you use an true industrial floor coating I think you will be happier in the end. The strokes are the same whether you use a cheap paint or a true floor coating. The only difference really is taking the time get the old stuff off. If you decide to do that then
just email or visit my web site at http://www.newkote.com
Gary A. Goel

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: