painting metal doors

Old 04-17-00, 09:42 AM
jc4598
Visiting Guest
I have 4 metal doors in which I am about to spray paint for the first time. I am going to sand them and prime them but what type of paint is best to use on them.

Old 04-17-00, 08:02 PM
Visiting Guest
I don't know if it is the best, but I used urethane deck paint on the last metal doors that I painted.

It is thicker than other enamels.

------------------
MTAC - Van Buren,MO
www.carpenter.cjb.net
Home repair & Construction

"Where the character and work are always upright"

Anything worth cutting down a tree for, is worth doing right.
www.toolreview.cjb.net

Old 04-19-00, 03:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Having sprayed just about every coating by all the major manufactures I would choose a product made by Pittsburg called "PITTECH".
It is a single stage aliphatic Urethane used to coat interior and exterior factories and refineries. It was developed for severe harsh enviorments on and off shore. It is also a water based product and dries to a SUPER HIGH GLOSS and almost a tile like finish. Best of All its not expensive.
Go to http://www.PPG.com they are the parent company of Pittsburg, Lucite, and many more other trademarks. I painted my own metal doors with it. It has excellent gloss retention, Pencil hardness,UV and Chemical Resistant. I have yet to find a single stage water based urethane that will perform Like PITTECH
quote:<HR>Originally posted by jc4598:
I have 4 metal doors in which I am about to spray paint for the first time. I am going to sand them and prime them but what type of paint is best to use on them.<HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: