Texture painting

Old 05-11-00, 12:15 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We had to repair some of the drywall in our house. The walls were originally textured during construction, just joint compund thru a hopper. The texture is not rough, more like orange peel.

What options are there to repaint the walls and have a slight texture to it? Texture type paint, certain type roller?
Old 05-11-00, 07:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

At many hardware stores, home centers, and paint stores you can purchase texture in a spray can. Touch up texture guns are available also (they look something like an old fashioned fly sprayer). Mask of around the repair area then spray the texture on from a "distance" to simulate orange peel. If using a touch up gun, thin drywall compound until it looks almost like water.

There are other things that you could do, but the latter are the easiest.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: