Repainting Kid's Room

Old 06-12-00, 10:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

6 years ago, I painted my then 2-year old's son's room. We painted a "wainscot" of red on the bottom of the wall and then had a wall paper border. We sanded off the texture to put up a border. Now we want to redo the room (I should say, I want to redo the room--my husband's not as enthusiastic!). I went browsing at the Home Depot, and found where I could buy a spray can of texture to put back what we took off. My questions are: 1) does anyone know if these spray on textures are okay? 2) how do I cover over the red paint (I always figured we'd move before we had to deal with repainting the red wall! 3 children later, we have no money to move!) Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 06-13-00, 09:01 AM
Visiting Guest
What exactly was it you took off ?

Old 06-13-00, 01:30 PM
Visiting Guest
We sanded off the texture (all the way around the room)--about a 6" wide space to be able to apply the border. My walls and ceilings have the typical splatter texture that is popular today. The spray on texture I saw showed the same type of splatter texture--you use the appropriate size straw to obtain a similar pattern and then use a putter knife to smooth it down.

Old 06-13-00, 06:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Go ahead and try the texture in a can. It should stick as long as it's clean. Try an area and if it doesn't look good just wipe it off. At that point you would probably have to get a hopper gun that attaches to an air compressor(messy but not difficult).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: