painted vinyl siding

Old 06-16-00, 06:57 AM
Visiting Guest
I recently purchased a house (1 year ago)that has Cedar Shake vinyl siding. It appears to have been neglected by the previous owner so I rented a power washer to clean it up & realized that it had been painted!!!!!(Paint is Off White, vinyl siding is White) This ticked me off! Who & why would you do such a thing? I thought one reason to get vinyl siding was to avoid painting! Anyway...What would you recommend I do, powerwash the house with a vinyl cleaner(Will that strip the paint?)or...gulp.. repaint it? Also, is there a recommended solution I can use with a powerwasher to "Strip the paint"? HELP!!!

Old 06-17-00, 11:44 AM
Visiting Guest
It sounds like you've got yourself a real problem. Look in your disclaimer form you received before you bought the house. Anything in there about painted siding? Your realtor should have some interesting thoughts on the situation. They do make paint specifically for painting vinyl siding. It could be the wrong paint or it wasn't cleaned properly before painting. As far as stripping...powerwash the daylights out of it. Good luck...keep me posted.

Old 06-17-00, 11:48 AM
Visiting Guest
Something I forgot to mention...You have good reason to be ticked off! Do some digging with your realtor AND the realtor that sold the property.The whole situation smells bad, smells real bad!

Old 06-19-00, 12:35 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by JDX:
Something I forgot to mention...You have good reason to be ticked off! Do some digging with your realtor AND the realtor that sold the property.The whole situation smells bad, smells real bad! <HR>

Thanks! I'll definitely check with my Realtor!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: