paint/stain garage floor?

Old 07-03-00, 03:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I've also asked this under "garages"...any recommendation for a stain/paint or other idea that's cheap/easy (aside from rugs) that we can use to temporarily decorate a garage concrete floor while we slowly (on shoestring)remodel it into a masterbedroom? Eventually we'll put wood or tile but can't afford that step for about a year...we need something that won't have to be removed or interfere w/ putting down tile or wood later.

Old 07-03-00, 05:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Use UGL DRYLOK masonry floor paint- it comes in about 8 colors. Easy to apply and has great coverage.

Old 07-04-00, 08:00 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
H&C also have a fine concrete stain.I have a friend that based his concrete with one color and rag rolled a lighter color and looks very nice.Sort of a cross between a suede and a faux marble.This was done in a new home that they will be in a year before installing very expensive carpet and hardwoods.They are thinking about leaving the satin finish in the game room since it turned out so well.You may need to look into the wood floor install details.I know that wood floors glued down have many requirements for a good bond and stain may hinder this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: