I would like to know what paint company sells the color Perrywinkle

Old 07-15-00, 03:10 PM
Visiting Guest
I've got a room for my daughter and she wants the color Perrywinkle and I don't know who sells that color. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-15-00, 07:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Since color is in the eye of the beholder one person's periwinkle is another person's robin's egg blue so it won't do you much good to look for a color just by name. It would be easier on you and for the paint company if you find something i.e. a fabric, picture, etc. with just the color you want and take it to the paint store for them to match. Most major brand paint stores have the ability to do this. Or you can eyeball match it yourself. Keep in mind though that a whole wall of periwinkle in just the shade you want will look a lot stronger than your small sample. I'd go ahead and buy a qt. to paint on a large sample board or even a section of the wall to make sure it isn't "more" periwinkle than you want.

The usual recommendation from decorators is find just the color you want and then go a shade lighter if you are doing a whole wall or room. It sounds like a delightful color for a girl's room. Have fun.

Old 07-23-00, 01:27 PM
cmdressel
Visiting Guest
Many places can color match a swatch of something, so if your daughter has a notebook or something of that nature with the color she wants on it, find a place in your area that can match from a color swatch (I know Home Depot and Sears can do it where I am). Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: