Paint hot tub jets?

Old 03-15-09, 11:44 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Paint hot tub jets?

Has anyone out there painted hot tub jets? My tub is 20 years old and it has dated brass jets that are peeling. I have tried to find a model number so I could get replacements but can't find one. I would like an oil rubbed bronze look or would settle with white. The tub still looks good and I do not want to replace it if I don't have to. Any suggestions?

Old 03-16-09, 03:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I doubt any type of paint would stick in that enviroment

Old 03-16-09, 07:49 AM
S
Are the jets metal by any chance? If so, a local metal-plating shop might be able to re-coat them. A quality marine laquer maybe on top of that?

If they are plastic... yeah, you are likely SOL, unless there is some shop around there that does PVD coatings. (Physical Vapor Deposition; what's usually used to coat faucets, door handles, etc. these days.) I have no idea how you would go about finding one.

SirWired

Old 03-16-09, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
No one has mentioned powdercoating? Again all depends on what the actual substrate is.

Sharen...you might also be surprised that some of these things are interchangable between brands. Have you taken one to a local spa store that has been around for a while?

Old 03-16-09, 08:05 AM
B
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
No one has mentioned powdercoating? Again all depends on what the actual substrate is.

Sharen...you might also be surprised that some of these things are interchangable between brands. Have you taken one to a local spa store that has been around for a while?
This would be best, but Petit makes marine epoxies that would work, West Marine, etc,......

Bill

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: