colorwashing

Old 07-16-00, 11:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

hi im trying to see if anyone can tell me exactly how to colorwash my walls? please help me ! i have a flat base coat down on hte wall allready and i have a some semi gloss of the same color but im not sure how to apply the overwash or to mix it please hepl me thank u

Old 07-28-00, 05:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

quote:<HR>Originally posted by latonya:
hi im trying to see if anyone can tell me exactly how to colorwash my walls? please help me ! i have a flat base coat down on hte wall allready and i have a some semi gloss of the same color but im not sure how to apply the overwash or to mix it please hepl me thank u <HR>

I am looking for the same info. I have seen different ways to do this technique and am not sure which to use. The easiest that I have read about is to mix the top coat color up to half water, half paint in a spray bottle. Spray a small area of wall at a time and then with a dry rag, rub in circular motion on wall. This is the technique that I plan to try in a few weeks. I am stumped on how to choose which color for base and top coat though. Hope this gives you an idea!

Old 07-28-00, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

quote:<HR>Originally posted by lshack:
I am looking for the same info. I have seen different ways to do this technique and am not sure which to use. The easiest that I have read about is to mix the top coat color up to half water, half paint in a spray bottle. Spray a small area of wall at a time and then with a dry rag, rub in circular motion on wall. This is the technique that I plan to try in a few weeks. I am stumped on how to choose which color for base and top coat though. Hope this gives you an idea!

<HR>

Forgot to mention that you should use a water based latex paint since you will be mixing it with water. Good Luck!

Old 08-15-00, 11:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

my husband had bought me a painting book from home depot it has everything you need to know aboout painting wall,molding,faux finishing the name of the book is step-by-step DECORATIVE PAINTING ITS GREAT IT WAS ABOUT 12.95 WELL WORHT THE MONEY. GOOD LUCK

Old 08-16-00, 04:41 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Color washing as described in Recipes For Surfaces......Techniques in which thin layers of very transparent glazes are applied with a roller or brush,then worked over with a sponge,cloth or brush and finally smoothed and blended to varying degrees with a soft haired brush......This book was bought at Lowes and now has a 2nd edition out...Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: