HELP! PAINTING CLOUDS!

Old 08-22-00, 04:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

HELP! I want to paint clouds on my new
baby nursery. Is the base coat suppose to
be wet or dry when it is time to apply
the clouds? What kind of paint can I use?
Is satin ok? Should I use any other colors
besides blue and white to get the best
effect? Please help any advise would be
great.

Old 08-22-00, 07:29 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Hi S.Stone,You said any advice would be great so I will tell you what little I know.We have one of the finest custom artists in our area and I have based many jobs for him so I can offer some insight into the tools and paints that I have seen him use.He bases in blue and from there he has about 5 quarts of flat latex from just lighter than the base through gray and onto the white.His base is dry as he does the clouds and most of his blending is done with what appears to be a 1 inch round very soft brush.He keeps a brush in all colors so that is telling to me.He uses them all as he goes.It won't take much in the way of a detail question and it will be beyond me.The only other forum you may post in also that may help is Decoration and Design.There are some good people there....Mike

Old 08-23-00, 10:25 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I was looking around on my PC and found something that may help with the clouds.Go to CONTROL PANEL,DISPLAY,BACKGROUND TAB,scroll down to clouds.You can see how the colors move from one into the other.I have Win98SE and this wallpaper is on most that I have seen.

Old 08-23-00, 02:45 PM
Visiting Guest
I recently painted a tropical island scene on my sons walls. The clouds were the easiest part. Once the blue "sky" base was dry I used a large sea sponge and white acrylic paint (apple barrel at Walmart). I poured the paint out onto a paper plate, dipped in the sponge, preshed the sponge onto some newspaper to get the excess paint out and then gently pressed the sponge to the wall to form my clouds. I used a little bit of very light gray for shading with a smaller sea sponge. They turned out great! Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: