Epoxy paint on garage floor??

Old 09-04-00, 06:32 AM
Visiting Guest
I recently had garage floor painted professionally and I believe they used 2 part epoxy paint...the problem is certain area are still tacky..I tried to contact installer and he has gone out of business..how can I remove this and what suggestion would you have for floor...this leads directly to patio-pool area and we would like something that is resiliant and easily cleanable in summer and will hold up to snow and salt in winter--ideas!!!

Old 09-04-00, 07:14 AM
Visiting Guest
You do have a problem, the epoxy paint was not stired well after activated or not enough activator was added, this will never set up properly if the case. Most epoxy paints can be cleaned up if not set with M.E.K. (methol ethol keytone)however, it is highly flamable and you would need respirators and protective clothing to use.

You could hire a (yes i know) pro painter to come in and remove the tacky spots with m.e.k., and repaint, the drawback about epoxy is that you need to repaint with epoxy. If you do this yourself, you could posibly remove the tacky spots and let dry then just repaint the spots, being sure to reprime with the PROPER primer (read the label). You will however see lap marks where feathered into the existing paint.

Old 09-04-00, 04:21 PM
hy
Visiting Guest
If you use the PEEL AWAY 7 paint remover it will do the removal project for you in a single application and will noy hurt or damage any areas. This product is used all of the time in this scenario where a two p[art epoxy coating was not applied properly

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: