Painting a refrigerator, can't move it though! help!!!

Old 07-21-00, 08:21 PM
Visiting Guest

Hi! I have a Harvest Gold refrigerator that I can't stand the color of! It works very well but the color is bad! I live in an apartment and really can't take it outdoors or anywhere other than the kitchen to paint it. Any ideas on how to paint it (I'd like just white) without removing it from the kitchen?? It has a "textured" finish on it now. I would need a fast drying paint, of that I am sure! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-00, 08:51 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
The only way to get a nice job is to spray.I use a compressor and gun but have used Sherwin-Williams Superacryic spray paints on many appliances with great results.If you use the Superacrylic follow the directions on the can.Sand with 220 grit and wipe with mineral spirits.All coats must be made within 2 hours of each other or wrinkling will occur.As far as spraying in your home,cover up everything in the kitchen and close the door.Ventilation then is problem.You must be fast and wear a mask.

Old 07-23-00, 02:17 PM
Visiting Guest
there's a melamine water based paint called Cabinet Rescue that can be used on your fridge as well. Check out your Home Depot.

Old 07-25-00, 07:06 AM
Visiting Guest
I have tried and tried at a couple of Home Depots in the Houston area.If the deeply guarded secret, who makes it, would be revealed it might even be possible to purchase some.

I'm beginning to think its a "hoax"

Old 09-13-00, 10:21 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jburn:
I have tried and tried at a couple of Home Depots in the Houston area.If the deeply guarded secret, who makes it, would be revealed it might even be possible to purchase some.

I'm beginning to think its a "hoax"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a hoax!! I found the place online at cabinetrescue.com there phone # is 800-433-5998, they gave me a sku # for the paint and told me to call the nearest Home Depot and ask them to have some shipped to them. Good luck!!!