Bathroom won't stop peeling

Old 09-26-00, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Help!! Looking for any advise. Our master bathroom is constantly bubbeling and chipping. The walls and celing have been painted twice in the past 2 years. We have sanded them completly smooth and let them dry for a couple days, then compounded them to even them back out and smooth it over which sat for another couple days. I'm using a good quailty bathroom paint. But within a month you can already see the cracks beginning and the ceiling is already flaking. It's been 5 months!! We run the vent and keep the door wide open when showering to reduce the moisture...but even so the condinsation is so bad you can litterly see it running down the walls. Does anyone have any input on how to correct this????

Old 09-26-00, 12:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

what type of paint are you using. if it is latax (water to clean up) the problem may be the paint under it is oil based. latex will not stick to oil based paint. (i learned this after my bathroom peeled). you can try paint with a good oil based primer and the oil paint. if not that try a shorter shower and lower your water temp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: