selecting colors for wall paint

Old 09-30-00, 10:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

i just bought house & want to paint interior walls different colors but don't know what colors would look best on what walls, i need help to select colors for walls PLEASE !!!
i have a not to scale floor plan and would like some help any suggestions are appreciated

Old 10-01-00, 06:39 PM
Visiting Guest
First of all I think you should have an overall plan of what you want to accomplish in the long run. You know your likes and dislikes.

Will you be keeping the furniture? What will you be using for window coverings? What type of floors do you have?

Look at decorating and design magazines and see what appeals to you. Start a file folder for each room that you want to work on. On the outside of the file, write down important measurements, window & door sizes, other pertinent information that you need to know about that room. THen when looking through magazines, catalogues, etc, cut out pictures and place them in the folder. Also jot down ideas, prices, stores you like, etc. Just make a portfolio for each room. Every time you go to the store, take these folders with you so you have all the information you need with you when looking.

Then after you assemble some of this type of information, you should know what really appeals to you and you should be getting some sort of an idea for a plan.

Redecorating can be overwhelming but fun at the same time.

So best of luck.

Old 10-05-00, 07:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi

A good place to begin looking for decorating ideas would be at Home Depot. They have a wallpaper section that contain many books on colors, styles, etc. These books are as large as the sewing books that you find at fabric stores. This way you will get an idea of colors that complement each other since you don't seem to have any favorites.

After selecting your colors, Post and let me know what you decided.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: