painting kitchen appliances

Old 11-03-00, 01:42 PM
EdgeHarley
Visiting Guest
Can you paint your kitchen dishwasher and stove. If so what type of paint do you suggest.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-00, 10:27 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
EdgeHarley, There are many ways to refinish appliances and I see many over the top methods here pertaining to loading up your stove or fridge and having them done in urathane or some other exotic finish at a body shop but quite frankly if an appliance is old enough to need repainting they are hardly worth the expense. Even if you won a new harvest gold Kenmore it wouldn't be worth it IMHO. This is how I have painted my present fridge, washer and dryer and given that I have shop and all the spray gear a person could want I couldn't be more pleased. Give it a basic cleaning with 409 or some similar cleaner. Sand with 220 grit, wipe with mineral spirits, get to Sherwin-Willaims, buy SuperAcrylic spray paint in the desired color for $4.99 a can, spray, make sure all coats are applied within 2 hours of each other to prevent wrinkling, enjoy your $20.00 paint job that I promise if done properly will hold up and look better than you ever thought possible...Mike

Old 11-09-00, 12:40 PM
Visiting Guest
I have just been looking into painting a stove also. Canyour technique be used on a stove or does the stove get too hot?