Tissue Paper Technique

Old 11-03-00, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Can you tell me how to paint an interior wall when you want to use the "tissue paper" technique? I need to redo one wall in a room that was done this way.
Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-00, 10:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

This is an awesome technique and alot easier than wall paper. Paint with your base coat an area of you wall...approx 4' at a time. Crinkle tissue paper....lay it on the wet paint. Leave the crinkles in it but smooth them over (some will actually fold). Overlap your pieces of tissue. Continue this until the wall is complete. You may want to wait 24 hours for the top coat. Paint over the tissue with one or two coats of paint. Awesome! I did it in red in my African room - it looks like red elephant skin. Good luck and have fun!

Old 11-03-00, 09:53 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Pinky, I think I know some people who will love your technique. I will sell this in an "olive forest green" in a room with imported wooden African animals....Thanks for the thoughts...Mike

Old 11-10-00, 12:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi.I have questions.I've never heard of the tissue paper technique before. So I would like more information. Is there a website to go to for this information? How big should the pieces of tissue paper be? What about color of the paper? Should it be white or can you use colored paper? What about the white with gold glitter you see at Christmas? Thanks for the info, it sounds like a neat technique.

Old 11-10-00, 09:22 AM
Visiting Guest
I used this technique 20 years ago on a kitchen ceiling and a bathroom wall. I used elmer's glue and water, mixed half and half,
applied with a wide brush, added tissue pieces, then another layer of the mixture.
I tore the tissue into random shapes and sizes, smallest maybe 4" x 5". I used red, orange and yellow for the kitchen and shades of blues, greens and purples for the bathroom. When using colored tissue you get some ineresting colors by overlapping, sometimes several inches. It was very effective and long lasting, besides being fun to do.