Spraying Latex paint

Old 10-21-09, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spraying Latex paint

I have a dozen interior doors and all the trim to print and paint and was looking for suggestions on what I could use to spray it all. Since i don't think I will get is all done in a couple couple of days I was looking to see is there is some inexpensive (less then $150) conventional sprayer that works well with latex. I have read that some guns that have a pressurized cup or tank work okay. My air compressor only does 4.9 cfm @ 90 psi and 6.3 cfm @ 40 psi. I would guess that a small gun at most i could run off of this.

Just wonder if anyone had some suggestions. I know i can rent a sprayer, but with my pace it will cost a fortune by the time i finish. I would like to do a little each day after work.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-09, 01:04 PM
I really don't think a cup gun or a gravity feed gun will spray latex well at all. Someone else may come along and correct me but an airless is the best solution I know of for spraying latex.

Old 10-21-09, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
My neighbor just told me about some Wagner unit at HD that was in that price range. He just finished painting his entire stucco house with it. I was kinda surprized it worked as well as it did. He only did one side a day or so..but it looked pretty good. He said he didn't have any problems with thinning or cleaning...

Might be worth looking into. I can get more info if you need it...

Old 10-21-09, 02:07 PM
Thanks, I'll swing by the big orange box on the way home and see what they have.

Old 10-22-09, 03:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
You might be better off renting an airless for a day

Where do you intend to spray the doors? I've done a lot of spraying when painting new homes but I shy away from the spray gun on interior repaints. Overspray can be a real concern! Any room you spray in should be sealed off from the rest of the house to prevent the overspray from travelling and landing where it doesn't belong

Do you have any spray experience? Spraying isn't as easy as it looks and as mentioned above, a conventional spray system that runs off of an air compressor isn't suitable for spraying latex paints.

Old 10-22-09, 05:42 AM
I was going to do all the spray in an open garage or outside if it calm enough. I know better then trying to mask everything