Cost help asap PLease

Old 03-11-10, 06:29 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cost help asap PLease

I have a 3750sqft house that needs the interior painted.8ft cielings.NO furniture or nothing to move(haven't moved in yet).Only has baseboards,which will remain white.Someone told me it would vost them $150/gallon of paint they applied!I just think that's too much and I own a construction co.,but I hate to paint.Am I wrong for thinking that's too much?What would that usually run for this size of job?I live in SC too thanks for any help ya'll can give

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-10, 09:02 PM
A
painting

It's all about whether you want someone else to do it or want to paint yourself. Painters often charge $300 or so per room. Is this something you can do yourself to save money?

Old 03-12-10, 04:37 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 318 Votes on 282 Posts
There are way too many variables to even give a rough estimate site unseen. Painter's wages can vary greatly depending on locale. Expect to pay more for an experienced conscientious painter. Size and shape of the room can also affect price along with prep work if needed. The cost difference between quality coatings and cheap paint is negligible so it almost always pays to use the better coatings.

Because there is no furniture to move that will help to keep the cost lower. It isn't feasible to give a cost per gallon applied. A wide open wall will eat paint faster than trim work will. Personally I doubt I'd bother to not paint the baseboard. The paint job will look better with fresh paint on the base and the time spent masking off or otherwise keeping the wall paint off of the base - will probably pay for painting the base.

As with any job hired out it is best to get multiple quotes and check references!

Old 03-12-10, 03:48 PM
S
Get other quotes from other competent painters and compare the prices, don't tie yourself down to one quote. Even if this is a company you want to go with - compare their price with other responsible and competent painters.

Old 03-18-10, 07:20 PM
A
painters

When you get references, select one and go look at the work they did. We had one painter from a large company that does a lot of work in our area and he tried to tell me that because we lived in an old house, it wasn't possible to get the cut-ins around the molding straight. The walls are actually pretty smooth, but he was just lazy. Anyway, you'll see those types of things if you go look.

Old 04-01-10, 10:31 PM
K
Originally Posted by Allison1888 View Post
When you get references, select one and go look at the work they did. We had one painter from a large company that does a lot of work in our area and he tried to tell me that because we lived in an old house, it wasn't possible to get the cut-ins around the molding straight. The walls are actually pretty smooth, but he was just lazy. Anyway, you'll see those types of things if you go look.
Funny how the best advice is something so simple to overlook. I learned my lesson a long time ago. I ask for references from everyone I hire to do a job. I not only call them, but ask to see the finished product. Most people who feel they had something done well are proud of it and want to show it off. If they don't, I don't hire.