Need opinions on paint sprayer

Old 05-07-10, 10:19 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need opinions on paint sprayer

I'm looking at purchasing a paint sprayer. I have 2 large shops to paint, as well as coating the roof with sealant. I am looking at a Graco Magnum® LTS 17 Paint Sprayer. Anyone have any thoughts on this rig or one about the same price?

Old 05-07-10, 01:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'm not real familiar with Graco's smaller pumps although I have used one of their magnum pumps before. I own 2 Titan spray pumps. Titan has similar pumps Graco at a lower price. Graco does make some big pumps that there really is no comparison with other brands. Graco is considered the best in airless spray equipment.

Before you decide what airless to buy you need to know more about the coatings you intend to apply. Each different coating should have spraying info [if not on the label, ask for more info] The spray info will include tip size and pressure. The tip size will help you the most. Every pump has a maximum tip size that it can handle. If the coating requires a larger tip than the pump will support - it won't spray that coating [atleast not properly] Some coatings require a pretty stout pump in order to spray it thru the tip. Block fill and elastromeric coatings are 2 that smaller pumps can't handle.

Old 05-08-10, 01:01 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Depending on the sealant, more then likely the little pumps won't work. Right now, with the recession you may be able to pick up a used large pump for a great deal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: