Prep ext stucco/plaster for paint?

Old 05-12-10, 10:24 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Prep ext stucco/plaster for paint?

New house with stained and faded smooth stucco/plaster, needs paint. Simple pressure wash and go? Job is less than 3 yrs old but gets lots of sun(now looks bad). Also any favorites on flat ext paint? Benjamin Moore vs Frazee duracoat? Thanks!

Old 05-12-10, 12:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Pressure washing should be fine - just don't use too much pressure. If the existing paint is chalky [and the chalk doesn't wash off] add some emulsa bond to the 1st coat of latex paint.

I'm not familiar with Frazee's coatings and don't use a lot of BM although their mid to top line latex house paints should preform fine. Generally any quality latex house paint will do a good job. Most masonry paints are of a lesser quality.

Old 05-14-10, 06:52 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Quality Latex paint choice?

Any particular favorites among the latex paints ? I've got most of the biggies' nearby - Dunn Edwards, Frazee, and Benjamin Moore.
Thanks!

Old 05-14-10, 03:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
As long as it's one of their better latex house paints - it should do fine. I mostly use SWP but that's more because of store hours and locations. With SWP I'd use their super paint although their A-100 would do a good job also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: