Acrylic resin, maybe?

Old 06-25-10, 04:30 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Acrylic resin, maybe?

I may not be in the appropriate forum; but it's as close as I could choose, so here goes:

I'd like to "cement" some paint can/bottle openers in empty large caliber shell casings (.50 cal and 30mm). Construction adhesive is too messy and trying to get the right amount into a shell casing is like trying to shove butter up the hind end of a bobcat.

Isn't there some sort of pourable acrylic resin? Something that'd dry HARD and strong; clear or white, I don't care. Or maybe pourable epoxy? Thought I'd start at one of the large home improv stores. Thoughts?

-Bryant

Old 06-29-10, 04:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do but they make a clear countertop coating that might work for you. I don't remember the name of it but it's mostly used for bar tops. It can be applied very thick. I've seen it used on rough sawn wood and while you could still see all the rough sawn wood fibers - the top was slick as glass. You might try googling bar top coatings and see what pops up.

Old 06-29-10, 12:22 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you'd like to try Mark's idea, there's a great product called Pour-On by EnviroTex Lite. It's very commonly used among bar owners (I've actually used it to make a mock-pond on a large train set). You should be able to get it at local hardware stores.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: