Electric Power Paint Roller. Homeright. Wagner. Ryobi

Old 12-05-10, 06:58 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electric Power Paint Roller. Homeright. Wagner. Ryobi

Looking to do a couple odd jobs around the house over the next couple of weeks. Including, loaning the paint roller to the father in law for his new house. I have tried a few of the older Wagner Power rollers.....they all stopped working after the first use. I was checking reviews on the Wagner, Ryobi and Homeright (which I never heard of). And Homeright seemed to have the best review.
I want to get some input on home use (under 150 bucks) power rollers. Which are good and which are bad. And maybe some brands I couldn't find.

Old 12-06-10, 02:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 785 Upvotes on 688 Posts
I don't know if a power roller is worth it for a diyer but IMO they aren't worth buying. I can apply paint at a faster rate just using a 5 gallon bucket w/grid and a quality roller cover.

The biggest problems that a diyer runs into with cheap airless equipment is besides being cheaply built, many fail to clean them properly which almost gives them no chance of working next time

If this is a new construction house, I'd suggest buying or renting a decent airless and spraying and then back rolling behind the spray. That should be quicker and easier than fooling with a power roller.

Old 12-06-10, 06:23 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I did not like the Wagner Paint Stick. Too heavy for ceilings and cleanup is a pain.
I can paint much faster with good ole fashioned roller.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: