Oven Interior Paint Fix

Old 02-05-11, 10:15 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Oven Interior Paint Fix

I have used an oven safe liner for the bottom of my electric oven for several years. Several days ago I noticed a fine layer of 'dust' on the oven window and oven sides and when I lifted the oven liner to inspect it, I found it had worn through and now the enamel on the bottom of the oven is worn away. The oven still works but the bottom of the oven is "pockmarked" (for lack of a better description and I am very unhappy about the appearance of it). Can I purchase a paint or a surface coating that is safe for cooking and repair it?
Appreciate any advice or help.

SB

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-11, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I don't think there is any homeowner applied coating that would be safe for an oven. It's a high temp fired enamel/porcelain coating. Buying a new part might be possible? I know mine has a removable bottom...but it is gas.

Old 02-05-11, 11:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 294 Votes on 261 Posts
An automotive type high heat paint might work ok but I'd be a little leery of using any coating that might give off fumes when something is being cooked
Maybe if it's dried thoroughly, then heated up and aired out it might be ok, I don't know for sure.

btw - welcome to the forums!