Paint Sprayer Recommendations

Old 02-08-11, 11:17 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Paint Sprayer Recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for a paint sprayer? I am looking at the Graco LTS 15 Paint Sprayer. It has good reviews, but I am wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge. Thanks.

Old 02-08-11, 01:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

While I have a lot of experience with airless pumps, I've never used or been around that particular pump. It's smaller than any airless I've used but it is a piston pump and Graco has a good reputation.

What is your intended use for this pump? I doubt it will spray any heavy coatings unless they are thinned. I'd tell the rep at the paint store what coatings you wish to spray and what your intended use is for this pump. He would be able to tell you if it's up to the job.

Old 02-09-11, 08:22 AM
L
The intended use will be to spray interior and exterior paint. I am not sure what kind of paint we will be using yet, but I would be painting hardy board on the exterior. Just looking for a sprayer that would be efficient and quick, but easy to use. I have read the reviews of the Wagner and they get terrible reviews. These have better reviews.

Old 02-09-11, 02:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm pretty sure that all Wagner pumps are light duty intended for diyers. Graco makes a lot of professional grade pumps although I'm sure that particular pump is geared toward home owners. I'm guessing that it would do ok with normal latex paint although it's possible it might need thinning. I'd want to verify with the rep at the paint store that it would indeed spray the coatings you intend to use. It would not be capable of spraying heavy coatings like USG First Coat, block fill or elastromeric paint.

Old 02-09-11, 02:51 PM
L
I would mostly just be trying to use latex paint. I dont have a need for block fill and wouldnt need elastromeric paint. It would simply be to paint hardy board and asbestos siding on the exterior and sheetrock on the interior. I will verify with the paint store that this kind of sprayer would be suitable, but I believe it would be.

Old 02-09-11, 03:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The label on the paint can usually tells what tip size is recommended for spraying. If I remember correctly, that airless can only support up to an .015 tip. I usually use that size tip for spraying doors and exterior siding/soffits but I use a bigger pump. I normally use an .019 for ceilings and a .017 for walls. I prefer not to thin latex paint for spraying - full strength gives you better coverage and hopefully a longer lasting job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: