Pink Ceiling

Old 02-23-11, 05:15 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pink Ceiling

Used one of those color changing ceiling paints and after 12 hours I still have pink hues on ceiling and all edges.

Old 02-23-11, 03:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I've never used those types of ceiling paint but if it's still pink - I suspect you'll need to repaint. Maybe if you go back to where you bought the paint and complain, they'll give you a gallon of white ceiling paint. Is there any kind of guarantee or customer service number on the paint label?

The paint does feel good and dry, right?

Last edited by marksr; 02-23-11 at 03:20 PM. Reason: add question
Old 02-26-11, 05:23 AM
H
After talking to manufacuturer of the paint, they state that it can take up to 30 days to dry completely. They also said that any moisture introduced during the curing process will lead to the "pink" hue returning. ( I use it in the bathroom.) Allegedly, this should take care of itself after the 30 days. I told her that wasn't on the paint can. Her reply.."not everything is on the paint can". So... I went out and purchased another brand of ceiling paint. Pure White, and tried to paint over it. Now the pink started to bleed into that paint. In addition, what I saw was that the ceiling paint I oringailly bought to save myself sometime and effort isn't a true white. Lesson learned...for truly white ceilings stay away from those color changing, time saving paints, and use a traditional white ceiling and do right the first time.

Old 02-26-11, 07:02 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
I guess the fresh coat of paint reactivated the 'pink'

It would probably be best to wait a month or so and see if the pink goes away. If it doesn't, you may need to seal the ceiling with a solvent based primer and then repaint.

If this barh rm has a shower, it's best to use latex enamel on the ceiling and walls. Enamel does a better job of repelling moisture. Any sheen is fine. A bath rm paint is even better - it has extra mildewcides in it.

Old 02-26-11, 07:20 AM
W
I've used this stuff a few times and was kind of freaked out when the pinky hues didn't go away within a few hours.

Like Mark said, give it more time and eventually the pink dye will dry. Always did when I used it. Generally I found this problem in the corners where you were cutting in with your brush and leaving more paint than what was left with the roller.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: