Painting Vinyl Siding Help

Old 04-18-11, 08:01 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Painting Vinyl Siding Help

I have a vinyl sided house and I am going to paint it in the next few weeks. The current color is a Lavender color with white trim and I want to paint it a medium gray with white trim. From the research I've done, it shows that Valspar and Behr make the best paint for vinyl siding. I'm curious on which will be better, either Behr or Valspar and there are a few grades of each brand of paint so which would you recommend as I need 10 gallons and would like to try and get away with the cheaper paint but I don't want to sacrifice quality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-18-11, 08:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
I would not go cheap on the paint! Compared to the total cost of an exterior repaint the paint price is minimal compared to the labor.

Personally I'd go to SWP and use their super paint or duration. Whatever paint you wind up using - make sure it's the best you can get. Vinyl is color/heat sensitive so it's best to not go to a color that is deeper/darker than the original. SWP and a few other stores have a paint additive that will allow you to have a successful job with darker colors on vinyl.

Old 04-18-11, 08:36 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was thinking of going with Valspar Duramax paint. It's 100% acrylic resin so it will react to the heat and this paint is one that you can paint darker than what your painting over.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: