What is this color and where to buy the paint?

Old 06-28-11, 08:27 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is this color and where to buy the paint?

Hi,

I have four painted chairs. Could someone please tell me what the paint color is and where to buy it. I went to Walmart but didn't find this color. I need to paint a pedestal base (for a round glass table) with this color to match the chairs.

Many Thanks,

Last edited by jimmybirdie; 06-28-11 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-28-11, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I think that may be a question that's impossible to answer. Is there an area on the underside that's hidden? You can scrape a small piece off and take it to the paint department and have them match the color for you.
I did that for a set I bought used and they matched it exactly.

Old 06-28-11, 01:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Without knowing the brand of paint used it will be next to impossible to determine the color. As Shadie said, most paint stores [not sure about paint depts] are very good at matching colors - all they need is a sample to match. Removing a switch plate and removing a small amount of painted drywall [just the paper] is a good place to get a sample if you have nothing removable to take to the paint store........ or find an old timey painter to come over and mix some paint to match

Old 06-29-11, 03:50 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you want to match the chair? Bring it to a paint store. you will get a better quality paint and they will get the color you want. they match stuff all the time. Right now, matches are one of the few things that are keeping my employees busy. If you want a good quality match, you may have to leave the chair for a few days.

Old 06-29-11, 04:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
"you want to match the chair? Bring it to a paint store"

Good point BC!
for some reason I was thinking they were wanting to match the wall color for the chair legs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: