Kwal or Sherwin Williams

Old 07-29-11, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kwal or Sherwin Williams

We live in Colorado and have been getting bids for painting the exterior. We got seven bids and all but one recommended Kwal.

The reasons they said Kwal was because it was designed for Colorado and Sherwin Williams is a universal mixture.

I don't know if anyone is in Colorado on here or can help with this, but I thought I would take a shot.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-11, 05:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Do you have any friends or coworkers that have any experience with Kwal paints?
I've never heard of that brand but I have used regional paints before, some are good but some not so good. It's true that a regional paint manufacture can tailor make their coatings specifically for the region. Also most paint manufactures have a cheap line along with a quality line so you need to find out which line of paint they intend to use.

Old 07-29-11, 07:50 AM
My first thought would be price. I would check out the local KWall stores and compare the price to SWP. If the paint contractors are bidding the job including materials and KWAL paints are significantly cheaper that might be the reason.

Old 07-29-11, 08:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 44 Posts
Without being able to find out more about Kwal, I would be inclined to go with a high end SWP. That said, Kwal may be a good or even the best choice, I just don't know anything about it.

Old 07-29-11, 09:54 AM
Thanks! I know the few people that I called the other day used the Kwal paint and was very happy with it. And I just thought about looking at the original paint - it was also Kwal. The house was built in 2001 and this is the first time it will be repainted. Most suggested that due to the low humidity and drastic temperature changes.

Old 07-29-11, 01:02 PM
Never having heard of KWAL I googled around and found some reviews. Most were very positive and the only bad reviews were people complaining about rude employees at a couple of KWAL stores.

Old 07-30-11, 08:44 AM
Thanks Wayne! At least we won't be dealing with the store and feel pretty good with choosing Kwal for our location.