Power washed our wicker .. but what paint to use?

Old 08-04-11, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Power washed our wicker .. but what paint to use?

We have had porch wicker for 15yrs. Originally painted white, I was able to get about 90% off. I have the spray gear -either air or airless- to shoot it, but do not know the paint to use. They sit out 24/7 with overhead cover. I'd appreciate anything suggestions.

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-11, 05:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
Do you know what type of paint is currently on them? We used to always paint them with exterior oil paint but I haven't painted any wicker in probably 30 yrs. Oil base coatings will wear better than latex although latex will generally hold up better to the elements.

Oil base can be sprayed with either an airless or conventional but latex should only be sprayed thru an airless. If you decide on oil base, I'd use an industrial enamel although most any exterior enamel will do ok. With latex you'd want to use an exterior house paint, preferably one with a sheen. A porch and deck enamel [oil or latex] would also be a good choice.

Old 08-05-11, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mark, 'Hard to tell what them folks in Indonesia .. or? .. used. I would imagine that any choice I had was better than theirs. I'll probably shoot Latex.

With the local humidity, it is too bad they did not make a reactive paint similar to Gorilla Glue - I know that would set up well. I'll take some pics... 'a thousand words', etc. Cheers.

Jim