Enterprise paint? HELP!

Old 08-06-11, 06:40 AM
Enterprise paint? HELP!

I am building a built-in bookcase for a customer and the paint can they showed me for their existing trim has the following information on it:

Enterprise 12 Year Interior One Coat Latex Wall and Trim Semi-Gloss Enamel
White 1358

It also has Valspar written near the bottom of the can (but I have had no luck with Valspar or Home Depot).

Can anybody please tell me where to get this paint???

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-11, 08:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

I've heard of that paint before but that's about all I remember about it
I kind of doubt it's a suitable paint for a bookcase. Cheaper latex enamels tend to stick when heavy objects are left to set on them. I would take their can of paint to the local paint store [not a paint dept] and have them to match it with either a waterborne enamel or their best latex enamel. The matched paint may or may not be close enough to be used as touch up on the existing painted trim but it will be close enough that the bookcase will not appear to be painted a different color.

Old 08-07-11, 11:25 AM
I found on the Valspar home site that they purchased Enterprise Paint back in 1987. My guess is that some of those Enterprise product lines were discontinued during the time after as always is the case with big corporations gobbling up the smaller ones. Valspar is comprised of a group of acquisition companies, and this seems to be how they built their business rather than grow it organically. I would follow marksr's advice in your situation.