outside house painting

Old 01-05-01, 04:14 AM
Visiting Guest
my house is board and batten. do i need to caulk each individual batten? how do i paint the concrete foundation?

Old 01-06-01, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

You need to use a good masonry paint. Painted exteriors should be re-painted every 2-3 years.
See http://www.housedoctorintheuk.co.uk for one house exterior painted in Country Cream by Dulux.

Old 01-07-01, 09:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Is this a new or existing house? Well if either, I would bid to caulk it up (unless stated otherwise)It will help keep out bugs and drafts not to mention seal out moisture from rain. Be sure to use a paintable latex caulk, wipe smooth with a wet finger and use a wet rag to wipe off excess and messes, I keep a wet rag in my hand when caulking and a bucket of water handy.

As far as the concrete foundation goes, for best results etch the concrete with a muratic acid solution, rinse thoroughly, then rinse again (a power washer would be perfect), allow to dry completly, prime with a masonary/concrete primer and paint, if this concrete is going to used (walking on, etc.) then you will want to use a very durable paint like a polyurathane floor enamel (which some are self priming, read the label) Be sure to use quality products from a pro paint store.

Hope this helps,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: