Removing Cieling Stucco

Old 01-07-01, 04:52 PM
Visiting Guest
We just purchased a house which has horrible stucco in two of the rooms. Is there an easy way to remove stucco, or am I "stuck" with scraping and sanding.

Old 01-07-01, 05:50 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tway
We just purchased a house which has horrible stucco in two of the rooms. Is there an easy way to remove stucco, or am I "stuck" with scraping and sanding.
I hope that someone has a idea that can help you, although the only way that I know of is scraping and sanding. I would love to know if there is an easilier way, because I have considered doing the same down the road.

Old 01-07-01, 06:02 PM
Visiting Guest
tway and dkerr,

Is it really stucco or is it the blown on acoustic (popcorn) texture? Some people call the blown on texture "stucco", it does make a difference.

Old 01-09-01, 04:46 PM
Visiting Guest
No, it is definitely stucco.Any ideas?

Old 01-10-01, 04:59 AM
Visiting Guest
When people ask me simular questions or to bid on such a job I will tell them I will have to come look at it, site un-seen it is very hard to give an acurate answer since stucco can be applied with different textured looks and the need to examine the surface to see if it will take a light scraping and re-skimming to smooth or if it is so brittle or loose in spots that it needs to be either removed or left alone. I am sorry but without being able to look at it, I personally am afraid to give you advise that may creat a far bigger mess than you wanted, My suggestion to you would be to get a profesional finisher out to your house to have a look.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: