Where do I Start

Old 01-08-01, 10:47 AM
Visiting Guest
I have never painted anything and I'm going to paint over the wallpaper in kitchen. Where do I start? What type of paint do I need to buy, what do I need to do to prepare? What type of roller do I need? I need to know EVERYTHING!
Thanks!

Old 01-08-01, 12:15 PM
Visiting Guest
getting started

You can start by seeing "Newly painted wall too loud". As I said this can be used on wall paper. Besure that wall paper is secure. If not glue down. Large bubbles should be sliced, peeled back and then glued. Make sure there isn't any lifting. As for brushes and rollers I like to get the best I can afford so I have less problems with hair coming out while I paint. The roller will depend on how much texture you want to leave behind. The smoother and tighter the roller the less texture. As I said in the recipe the glaze is so you can see the previous color or print, just toned down. For a completely opaque look use the oil paint alone.

Old 01-09-01, 05:07 AM
Visiting Guest
First timer

I will suggest you go here and read the tips this site has to offer: http://doityourself.com/paint/index.htm

When it comes to painting over wallpaper, you will need to seal it prior to using latex paint (latex is almost always what I suggest for walls) First do any repairs needed. Make sure the wallpaper is well adhered, if it is not then you will need to remove the paper and clean walls before painting. To seal the paper prime with an oil based primer like kilz, when dry, paint with a quality latex wall paint.

If you use Gini's suggestion then no priming is needed because the products suggested is oil based.

Hope we helped,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: