what is the best filler?

Old 01-12-01, 02:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I collect these figures. Some are made of pewter and some are made of plastic. Sometimes one gets the need to change thing, so one might want to "Convert" one of these figures. But sometimes one could cut to deep or take off something that wasn't supposed to come off! And also sometimesthe figures will have disturbingly large air bubbles in them that need to be filled. So if anyone knows of a cheap way to fill these holes or a substance that can me molded and then hardens. PLEEEAAASSSE reply!

Old 01-12-01, 07:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If one needed to repair plastic pieces, I think one should use bondo filler, epoxy putty, or resin (depending on the type of plastic and the nature of the repair) and fill pin holes with automotive glazing compound before painting or lacquering.

If one needed to repair pewter, I think one should use pewter solder (lead based) and flux.

If one needed a glue instead (for either material), I think one should obtain a two component acrylic
like "3 ton adhesive" that is waterproof.

Naturally, repairs should be done as carefully as possible, and there would be finishing steps (sanding sticks and/or buffing compounds) prior to painting or lacquering.

YOUUUUUUR Welcome!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: