flaking paint

Old 01-13-01, 01:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Me and my wife just bought this house and one of the rooms had wallpaper over it. We didnt like it so i removed the wallpaper. (came of real easy too). My question is that we want to paint the room and the paint is all flaky in areas. I have scraped the areas down but think if i start painting it will just show all the areas that dont have paint on them. Can I use compound on them to make it flush witht he paint that is still on the wall.
Hope some one can help me out
Old 01-13-01, 02:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

You would use joint compound to fix any area's that need it, be sure all loose paint is removed or you will create a mess. If you are not familure with mud tools then I would suggest getting a pro to fix the area's and possibly texture and you do the priming and paint.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: